søndag 28. november 2010

Kommentar unødvendig

     ‘Big fishy gone!’ said Wentworth.
     ‘No, it’s a mammal—’ Tiffany’s mouth said, before she could stop it.
     The pictsies were still staring at her.
     ‘It’s just that he ought to get it right,’ she mumbled, ashamed of herself. ‘It’s a mistake lots of people make.’
     You’re going to turn into somebody like Miss Tick, said her Second Thoughts. Do you really want that?
     ‘Yes,’ said a voice, and Tiffany realized that it was hers again. The anger rose up, joyfully. ‘Yes! I’m me, I am careful and logical and I look up things I don’t understand! When I hear people use the wrong words I get edgy! I am good with cheese. I read books fast! I think! And I always have a piece of string! That’s the kind of person I am!’
     She stopped. Even Wentworth was staring at her now. He blinked.
     ‘Big water cow gone . . .’ he suggested, meekly.
Terry Pratchett, The Wee Free Men

2 kommentarer:

Anne sa...

Ah. <3

En av mine favoritt-Tiffany-ismer er denne:

"Zoology, eh? That's a big word, isn't it."
"No, actually it isn't," said Tiffany. "Patronizing is a big word. Zoology is really quite short."

Hanne sa...

Ja, jeg merket meg den. I det hele tatt lo jeg overdådig mye av den boka.